A plea in mitigation is meant to:
- Obtain the lightest possible punishment reasonably available for the particular crime
- Persuade and assist the court to find the most appropriate form of punishment
What components are there in a plea in mitigation?
Most pleas in mitigation will present the following:
- A factual background surrounding the offence
- Some mitigating factors about the accused and the offence
- A request for compassion and leniency
For more information, please contact our criminal lawyer in Singapore, Ray Louis at 90908288.